View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #7
Barbara H.

Hi Everyone,
My son is 19, and my daughters are in their twenties. Raising children is certainly not easy, and my mother claims you never stop worrying, because later you can have grandchildren to worry about. Maybe we should have a support group for parents with cancer and children. Often it appears they are OK, but I do think the cancer gets to them on some level. I also think sometimes that the children who talk the least about it are taking it the hardest and sometimes their fear manifests itself in different ways.

I often think of the scare that Al with his stepdaughter after Linda died.

Your stories are a parent's worst nightmare, and my heart goes out to you. Even if everything turns out OK, the fear you have until you know is horrible.

My heart goes out to you, Gloria. I hope you are getting support. Losing a child is one of the worst things imaginable. You have my greatest sympathy.

Lu Ann,
This may be a wake up call for your daughter. She probably won't listen to you about it, but if she continues to give you a hard time, I would get some help. Also, I would try to make sure that mother does not get away with this. She will probably try it again with another teenager.

Best wishes,
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote