View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 12:48 AM   #1
lu ann

almost experienced a mothers worse nightmare

Earlier this morning, while on this board, a Policeman came to my front door stating that the Police Dept. in the town next to ours was trying to reach us about our youngest daughter, Julie. I felt like I was going to puke. I got off line and called the station and they put me on hold. When they came back I was told they were holding my daughter because the auto she was in was being towed. They did not give me any details. I was relieved she was alive. Praise God.

When we arrived at the station the officer told us that she and the adult driver had been drinking. Julie babysits for this woman and she was supposed to be at her house watching movies. They released her in our custody. Needless to say, Julie will not be babysitting or doing anything with this woman.

The reason I'm telling you this is to vent my frustration with raising teenagers, while battling cancer, and to realize that life can change in just a matter of moments. I had just talked to her 1 hour earlier and she was on her way home. This could have been the last time I talked to her, but it wasn't. I will tell her in the morning that while I am diasappointed in the thing she did, I still love her. She was too drunk and beligerant to talk to when we picked her up. It was the blankety blank policemans fault, not hers.

I did get a good report from my doc today. Scans are stable and I might be starting on tykerb in the next few weeks. I'm in my 4th xeloda cycle and havn't suffered any major side effects. Life has been good in spite of the bumps in the road. That old devil keeps trying, but I'm not going to let him steal my joy.

Thanks for letting me vent. It is much too early in the morning to call someone for support, so I did the next best thing and called upon you. Thanks and God Bless you. Love, Lu Ann.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote