View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
Rocky

Herceptin - insomina & anxiety?????

I am experiencing debilating insomina. Along with the insomina I have developed extreme anxiety. I have had to take a 3 week leave of absence while exploring medication to control both.
Presently I am only taking Herceptin every 3 weeks. I am due to finish my year of herceptin in Dec. 2006. I have noticed many sutble side effects of herceptin -- memory problems, etc. but the insomina started several weeks ago.
I have started taking 1/2 tab .05mg of Klonopin at night and 10mg of Prozac in the am to control anxiety. Its been 2 weeks and I haven't noticed a difference, still can't sleep. During the day I can fall asleep for 10-15min but thats it. At night I toss and turn and fall asleep about 5am then up at 7am.
Worried about taking the psychotropic drugs. Anyone having these problems and anyone worried about adding more drugs to there cocktails. I feel really quilty about needing to taking meds. Last year after dx (6/05) I thought I had everything under control.
DX; 6/05 with IDC (1.5cm and .4cm)lumpectomy er-pr-, her2+++, sentinal nodes clear. 4 cycles of A/C, 12 taxol with herceptin, herceptin to equal 1 year, 26 rads.
Thanks for your help.