View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 06:02 AM   #30
astrid

I am now 48 was diagnosed at 47. I was menstruating off an on though chemo. My last menstrual cycle was in June. My estrogen levels show me in chemo pause. I am going to have them checked again in October. I want to enter a clinical trial to compare ovarian function suppression (by triptorelin, oophorectomy, or ovarian irradiation) in combination with tamoxifen vs ovarian function suppression in combination with exemestane vs tamoxifen alone in patients with endocrine-responsive breast cancer in treating Premenopausal Women with Hormone-Responsive Breast Cancer.

I have until November before I am no longer eligible as I will have been out of chemo too long. Currently I am taking Herceptin every three weeks and I am on Tamoxifen. If I do not join the trial I will stay on Tamoxifen while on Hercerptin and then I want to rethink my options and have my levels checked again. I do not want to have my ovaries removed as long as I am in chemo pause there is really no need and at 48 my levels will continue to drop. If I am still in chemo pause in October then I will most likely stay menopausal. I stopped Chemo in mid March and have not had a cycle for two months.