View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 02:23 AM   #5
R.B.

I am not familiar with the scandinavian stats.

From populations study reports seen or seen reported Icelanders from recollection do /did have lower rates as do/did eskimo type populatons, Japanese, South African black fishing communities.

All the fish based trials I have seen are based on what did you eat.

I tend to ignore these unless they are correlated with blood and or tissue samples. A combination of talking to a student about the realities where participants are paid in dietary recording trials and the large number of factors that can impact on fat intake for me just do not provided enough certainty without corroberation based on testing for fats in lipids or better tissue.

I tend to take more comfort from trials albeit small in size that look at actual fats in the body in their determinations, and the argumants that some BCs have at least in part an inflamatory factor.

Melatonin could impact significnatly on inflamatory factors in the body for a number of reasons. Melatonin production can be altered by other factors. I think we are again in a situation where life style trials will not tell us definatively what we want to know unless we look at actual hormone (melatonin) levels in the women being considered.

RB.
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote