View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
madubois63

thanks to Angel Flights Network...

I finally got my appointment to meet/consult with the transplant doctor in Buffalo next Thursday. I contacted Corporate Angel Network, but they could not help me - no flights going where I need to go. Then I contacted Angel Flights Network, and they are arranging for a private plane/pilot to fly me and my mom to Buffalo for the day (for free). The plane will pick me up at a smaller airport just 15 minutes away from my home (Kennedy is over an hour away) and fly me to the airport in Buffalo just a few miles away. They contacted my doctor today and things are rolling. I am very excited to be getting on with things. My leukemia doctor is arranging to admit me (hopefully) the next day so that I can get the next round of chemo over with. I hate that I will be away from home for a bit again, but this time may not be as long. Because I am in remission and I am such a good patient, I was told that they may let me do a lot of my recouping at home as long as I come in to the office three times a week..how cool is that??

..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
-:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´
-:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:-
((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis