Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #92
simimom

Smile

I'm so glad I found this group. You are all so informative and positive. I'm fairly new to the group -- I've looked but haven't posted much. I just turned 54. I'm single mom of an 18 year old son who will be starting college in August. He has been my "rock -- I've been able to share my decisions re treatment, my fears and concerns with him. I'm a legal assistant with a family law firm in Los Angeles. I've been with my wonderful boss for the last 16 years. I was diagnosed with IBC in January 2005. After chemo, surgery and radiation, I am finished with all my treatment. I was on herceptin for one year (until Feb. 06). I am now concentrating on reconstructive surgery and working full-time. I've also become interested in volunteering for ACS. I enjoy reading, movies, hanging out with friends, and joking about my cancer -- what's the point of having a life threatening disease if you can't joke about it! Aside from the obvious drawbacks (treatment, etc.), this has actually been an eye-opening experience. I have so many new friends. Thank you all.
simimom is offline   Reply With Quote