Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 01:39 PM   #89
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Wink kat in the delta

Hey Ya'll !
Guess that shows you where I live--Yeah, in the Mississippi Delta about 90 miles south of Memphis, the home of the king--in Clarksdale,MS which is the" Home of the Blues" !!
It's so flat here that for years I thought the Levee was a Mountain, where I used to get cardboard boxes and slide down that levee 'til the grass was as slick as ice .
Now, I'm 52, have a BA from Ole Miss in French, then English, then Math, then to my calling of Sp. Ed.,taught all,but now at home. I have traveled some in my days, but not far- as of late. My father was Italian. My mother--mixture of German/Dutch/Am.Indian. I married a pharmacist and have 3 sons (no girls yet): oldest is a Finance Director, the knee-baby is in final yr of Law School @Ole Miss, and the babyboy-child is still classified as a sophomore, altho'almost 23yrs old, but has finally discovered his unique gift in life--composing classical music on the piano !!!
This appeared about 2 and a half yrs. ago when he was working in PA and keeping the houses of relatives who had gone to Africa for the winter.--can't even read or write it, ne'er lesson one !! That child didn't want a soul to know and kept it secret for a while until he got home, and we had moved into my inlaws(dec.) home where I had the old baby grand revived after 50 yrs.----- I heard this beautiful sound coming out of the livingroom-----what a change from the stuff he had listened to in the past. It is truly quite a story ........e-mail me if you really want to know.....a month ago, the artist Peter Corbin (www.petercorbin.com) flew him to New York to provide background music for a slideshow of oil paintings and readings from Peter's new book, An
Artist's Creel.
With this CHEMO-Brain of mine I cannot get myself Organized or on TIME to do anything-----I am even LATE for my Onc who is 2 miles away.
I have lost a little wt., my wits, and my hair is coming back in all colors of blonde, brown and grey, and in ALL directions, too !!! Me and my surroundings look alike at this point. Somebody please tell me -- --------Willl it get Better ???------ Our Blues Fest. is Aug.11-13 in Clarksdale, Mississippi and I've been making up songs for Super Chikan. Ya'll got some blues songs,too i bet. You can listen to S.Chikan on the links on website of www.daddy rich.net --Chikan and Morgan Freeman are buddies ------ talk to ya'll later--kat in the delta

Last edited by kat in the delta; 07-26-2006 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: left out
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote