View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 07:01 PM   #10
stina

I am on a Tykerb trial. It is a single arm study. Tykerb is the only agent. I take three pills in the morning and three in the evening. I started the trial on June 21. I have not had any scans (other than a PET scan two weeks after I started) but have not had any other scans. I will have scans in 4 weeks.

Here is the trial #: EGF105084

It is for people with brain metastasis. I am treated in Nasvhille, TN. There are numerous studies around the country that are recruiting. If you go to clinicaltrials.gov and search the trial # it will locate it. If you have questions, let me know. I am happy to help anyone.

Here is my story:
Original Diagnosis: 25 yrs old, ER+, PR-, HER2+. Treatment: Chemo (Adriamyacin and Taxotere x 4). Bi-Lateral Mastectomy. Chemo: Taxol x 16) Radiation 35 Treatments

Metastatic Disease: 28 yrs old. 11/2004 to liver and bones (T-10, pelvis, 2 ribs and C-5,6). Treatment: Rads to T-10 and C-5,6 X 10 to each area, Weekly Chemo: Taxotere, Herceptin, Navelbine and Zometa-monthly. I continued on this path for 18 months. Brain Mets: Diagnosed 10/2005. WBRT 14X.

I had my C-5 vertebrae replaced with a titanium cage on May 17, 2006. The cancer had overtaken the bone and compressed my spinal cord. I then had radiation to my T-5 (10x).

The next step: Tykerb.
stina is offline   Reply With Quote