View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #5
TriciaK

For what it's worth, my experience with tamoxifen: After I was diagnosed with BC in 1985 and had a double mastectomy (with no other treatment), BC showed up again in 1990 in T9 and T10 vertebra. The only medical treatment I received was 5 years of tamoxifen. In 5 years my last MRI showed "healed metastatic BC", and I did nothing more until the BC showed up in my lungs 15 years later, in 2004, now her2+. After 6 months of navelbine with herceptin and femara, then 9 more months of just herceptin and femara, I was NED last August. I am still on femara. Tomorrow I will have a PET scan to see if I am still NED. I was post-menopausel when I was first diagnosed 21 years ago. Tamoxifen was the only med that I ever took until BC showed up in my lungs in 2004. It evidently worked for me and I was thankful for it, though I am believe there are surely better things now. My sister was diagnosed before tamoxifen and died the same year I was diagnosed, 1985. I am grateful for all the new meds available today and know there is more hope today than there has ever been! Hugs, Tricia

Last edited by TriciaK; 07-24-2006 at 09:08 AM..
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote