Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 07:40 PM   #87
geraldine

What a great idea, Well done Rhonda..!!

I run a bar and have done so for many years. I get great enjoyment from this job and have found people to be so caring and considerate ( there have been the exceptions to the rule, but they're in all walks of life).

When i first became ill, these very people were fantastic, raising funds for research and lots of other stuff on my behalf. Every year now we hold a "Stars In Your Eyes" and every one joins in, myself included. It's great fun.

Because of this type of work, it also becomes my social life, but their is Life after Work and this has become more apparent since taking ill.

I have three children..Steven 33 Tracy 31 and Christopher 29. I have 5 beautiful grandchildren, Jamie 12, Kiera 6, Erin 4, Chloe 1 and last but not least Kerry 8 wks.. No. 6 is due in october. If there is a will to live... They Are It for me.!!

At this particular time in life, I am on my own ( No partner ) and yes, I get lonely at times but when I see their little faces.....everything falls into place and nothing else matters.

Life at this moment is sweet, I have my family, Friends, very good workmates but most of all, My Health, cos without that......!!!

Keep these threads going, because they are inspirational.

God Bless to All
Geraldine x
geraldine is offline   Reply With Quote