Thread: I need help
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 09:35 AM   #12
AlaskaAngel

Losing Libido

I have been very angry about this and won't repeat my prior posts but suffice it to say, hardly any effort is made by those who should be most honest with us -- our medical providers -- to deal with it in any meaningful way -- the very first being to at least sit down and counsel us about it ahead of time. The second is that they should especially target for counseling those who stand to benefit least from the toxic treatment that is offered, since as I understand it, less than 20% actually benefit from the treatment.

I participated in the clinical trial for use of testosterone by those with bc. I am trying to get the actual results of that trial.

Another clinical trial (private company) for a new drug to help with libido (ospemifene) that interestingly also had the possibility of use as a SERM was opened and I contacted them about participating, but was told that only those whose cancer history was 10 years back with no recurrence would be allowed in at least the initial trial. The purpose is for lack of libido, but they are cautious about offering it to those with bc history. So that was a washout for me.

I also think that some research should be done to see if simply restoring our pheromones to our previous level might be helpful.

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote