View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #24
panicked911

tamoxifen

I am also a triple positve ( er 80% and pr 70) and saw my main onc. agaion this week - again had the tamoxifen discussion - and she was adament that for her 2 - Ai's was the best solution - she did not rule out switching me to tamoxifen in a few years but said at least in the early going and until I pass the 2 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr mark NED she was strongly against switching.

The only reason this came up again is b/c of all the muscle/joint aches I have been having - she thinks it might be from the Lupron shots and herceptain. We agreed to wait to make the swutch until i am done with herceptain in November . She sid ti taken 3 months for it to leave your body. So by February we will see how much of of the side effects are herceptain related or due to arimidex and lupron.
I also told her about this sight and the poles we have been conducting ( she heads clinical trials for a major breast cancer center in NY) and strongly beleives that herceptain is ot the cause of the side effects many of us are experiencing. For me the most frustrating has been the "brain freeze or fog" and the inability to get words out - this became more pronounced when I went to thr 1x every three weeks of herceptain.
Would LOVE to go back on tamoxifen - felt great on it but based on what i have heard and read deathy afraid to do it...