View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #18
Chelee

Dawn, Don't feel bad. Its been six months of this nightmare for me and I still don't know all the abbreviations for all the chemo regimens. So many of these women know then all and then some. lol Its not easy to learn all this stuff...its takes a while.. (Speaking for myself anyway...because I have learned alot...but have a LONG WAYS to go still.)

I will see if I can find this one website I USE to have. It had all the abbreviations for most all of the chemo regimens. It is very helpful. If I find it...I will post it for you.

The adriamyacin you are getting is called "AC". That seems to be the standard of care with chemo. Just about everyone gets that to start with...so thats a good one for you. I had the Taxotere...which they will say "T" for. But I do believe T can stand for Taxotere OR Taxol? I might be wrong. I am not sure what the cyclophosphamide is? I think it might be "Cytoxan".

I do know all three of those drugs are good ones for going after and kicking cancer behind. So seems like a good choice.

There are other people here that can be of much more help then me. Good luck with your chemo...its not fun but it is very doable as they say.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote