View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 08:28 AM   #1
marymary

Bone Scan Yesterday

Yesterday I had a bone scan. My doctor's been after me to have one and most recently I've had a pain in my back/side, underneath my lowest rib.

I managed to get a look at one view of the scan and sure enough, there was a little light in this spot. The tech said it is where my lower rib connects with my spine, and is more likely to be arthritis. I do have some degenerative disease: an old spot on my foot (dancing?), hips were lightly glowing (dancing, gardening?). I am just all aglow! One other "weirdness" is the long upper bones in my legs, the Femur(s) are darker than the others. The technician said that if he didn't know better, he'd say I was a runner. I am not a runner, but I do keep pretty active. The Tech and I were just trying to be very glib and we both agreed it was time to cut back on my tennis (in my dreams!).

A PET/CT is scheduled for Wednesday, so maybe I'll know more then. I want so badly to get in the U of Washington study, so hopefully these little lit areas are just degnerative changes. It is very difficult not to worry, especially when there's a persistent pain in my back/side. I wonder if arthritis could be the cause. The nurses suggested I take Advil, 600 mg. 3x's/day. That's a lot of Advil.

I can't feel my liver and there is no pain at all when I push in that area.

These tests are so anxiety producing. It's hurry, hurry, hurry to arrive on time, wait and wait to begin the test (which takes all day) and then wait and wait some more to find out if there are any trouble spots.

I am dreading hearing bad news, dreading being back on chemo, besides Herceptin, that is. If this is cancer then it's progressing on Herceptin. I know, I know, I am borrowing trouble. Don't we all have enough already?

Sign me,

Worry Wart

(mary)
marymary is offline   Reply With Quote