View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 12:25 PM   #4
Sherryg683

I can relate. I worked out 5 days a week and played tennis 3 nights a week before my diagnosis. Was totally fit and in great cardio shape. I now feel like a snail in slow motion sometimes. I did 4 months of chemo and 7 weeks of rads. I am stage IV but in remission. I still play tennis a couple of days a week, I have yet to be able to hit the gym like I want to but I am working on it slowly. Whenever I do something strenuous like tennis it seems like I am dead the next 2 days. Before I could play 3 matches a day and not be affected. I think those of us that were athletic and in good shape are harder on ourselves afterward. I have 5 extra pounds on me that I am miserable with and determined to exercise off. My body just won't cooperate, I get sooo tired sometimes. It will get better eventually, I know. We just have to be patient. My friend ,who was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago just got finished doing a triathalon. She didn't do radiation though but I can remember her being very winded after her chemo, she worked herself back into shape and is doing great now...so there's hope..sherryg683
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote