View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 06:58 AM   #6
Unregistered

I got 3 ACs and didn't do the 4th because I was too sick. I remember thinking I was in oncology hell and I was close to hating my oncologist. I was very scared and sick. You sound very scared too. If you are not taking anti anxiety med, you might consider it. I never took any antidepressant/antianxiety meds regularly until I got cancer. I figure if there is any time to take it, this is it. I can deal with getting off it after I'm finished treatment.

I agree with other who wrote that there is so much to know yet, and knowledge is changing every day. This morning I asked my radiation oc about synergy between herceptin and radiation. He said he hadn't heard anything yet, but that could mean he hadn't read the literature yet because knowledge changes every week in cancer treatment.

When I was agonizing over whether to take the 4th AC, my oncologist told me that it would probably be okay not to take it because there is some evidence that it doesn't help ER/PR positive women as much as they'd thought. For Jean, A/C wouldn't have been effective because her TOPOII test was negative. I think doctors who follow the literature are constantly re evaluating and changing treatment.

If you feel you need a third opinion, I think you should get it. But it also sounds like your treatment is going to knock the H*** out of your cancer.
I wish you (and me) many years of health Mary Jo