View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #6
Karen t

Can anyone provided more info related to this statement that was posted earlier today?: "However, from reading of some message boards it appears that some breast cancer women are able to control infection with the antibiotic Doxycycline (which according to some unrelated preliminary studies may also be beneficial for bone density as well as an indirect anti-angiogenesis agent against cancer)."

I have had one dose of Zometa and six of Aredia. One week after the first infusion of Zometa, I had a fever that lasted a full week and went as high as 103. My onc then switched me to Aredia.

After the 5th treatment of Aredia, I got another high fever that lasted a week but I'm not sure if it was related to the Aredia because it happened two weeks after the infusion. When my temp went over 103, I went to the ER and was told I probably had the flu. Several days later I was in my onc's office and she decided I had a bacterial infection in one lung and put me on an antibiotic. My lung was making funny squeezing noises and it was difficult to breathe.

Both times that I had these high fevers, there were no flu symptoms, no fatigue, no general aches, etc. Mostly joint pain - especially swollen finger joints.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Also, has anyone else been tested to see if the Zometa or Aredia is working, e.g., isn't it supposed to reduce the amount of calcium deposits found in the urine (not sure of the details)?

Thanks,
Karen
Karen t is offline   Reply With Quote