View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 11:32 AM   #20
Unregistered

Dear Kim and Others,

There is no explanation for why so many oncs and other docs have such different outlooks on these subjects. I am also metastatic (lungs and sternum), ER/PR- and her2+++). As mentioned in my original email, my dear friend whose is ER/PR+ and whose family has the BRCA gene, was the one who told me about the Estring and she is using it with the blessing of her onc.

Somewhat along these lines, my onc told me the reason I was getting so many UTIs was that I take too much Vitamin C - I take even more since that conversation and the UTIs have stopped.

My onc also told me all food turns to sugar so cutting back sugar doesn't matter. However, the UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center is hosting a "Cancer as a Turning Point" conference September 9 & 10 and one of the main presenters is Patrick Quillin, author of books including "Beating Cancer with Nutrition." Chapter 11 of his book is entitled, "Sugar feeds cancer."

My gyn wrote in the report of my last visit with her that I am promising to cut out probiotic capsules - she implied these were contributing to my UTIs. There was no point explaining to her that there is a difference between healthy bacteria in the intestines and the e coli that I was having in my urine.

Whether or not to take vitamins such as C and E during chemo and rads is another whole discussion....

Take care.