Thread: Scans: Stable!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #13
Lolly

Julie2, that's a good question and I guess I'm not sure if the test is going to be accurate for me or not. When my onc agreed to the test, he said we'd run it for a few months then look at the results. I think the value of the test is in looking for a pattern. If one starts out at low numbers, then the numbers start rising, that would perhaps indicate trouble brewing and that scans were in order. In my case, my numbers started out in the high-normal range, but the last test showed a big drop:

03/28/06 - 12.7
04/25/06 - 11.5
05/24/06 - 6.8

Since I still have activity but it's considered minor and my overall condition is stable, what we'll probably be looking for if my onc decides to continue monitering me with this test is a rise in numbers, which is supposed to indicate progression.

Your numbers are in the mid-normal range, which I think is good. You have a good baseline to compare with future test results.

I look forward to seeing my oncologist when he's back from vacation, for his input on this. I'll let everyone know how that goes.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote