View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 05:55 AM   #22
Cathya

Hi;

This is such an interesting post! I was diagnosed in Oct 04 at 55, stage 3c, ER/PR+ (not sure how strongly as it isn't indicated on my path), tumor to supraclavicular node. I live in a small town in a rural area of Ontario along the St. Lawrence. The town is about 4000 to perhaps 5000 if you include the close rural housing. At the time of my diagnosis I knew of 2 active cases...including my friend...of IBC, another 4 ductal and one lobular (a friend who lives in the rural area but just outside of my district). I know of another her2+ who is from the town but now lives about 30 miles away. Plus there are many others since that time.....I know of about 6 who have been diagnosed since then. These are just the women I know or have heard of. There are likely others and this is not including other forms of cancer. I have heard that my area has the highest % of cancer in our province. The problem with mapping where we live is that many do not use the net. I know of only one friend with bc who uses the net to research....perhaps it's a rural thing but many of those I know really just listen to their doctors and pray....even young women. Then I think....."why and die"....an old saying I have always lived by. Perhaps our energy should just go into the question of "what do we do now?"

Cathy
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote