View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 06:12 PM   #19
RobinP

Enviromental causes of increased estrogen levels?...

When I think back to my research some months ago concerning how her2 is stimulated, I recall that it is an excessive estrogen state that causes it via the G cycle. It's easy to see how the premenopausal women may be at a hyper-estrogen state via pregnancy, miscarriages and perhaps the pill. However, in the case of menopausal women, I wonder if there are enviromental causes such as pesticides, chemical food contaminates or even post menopausal hormonal therapy that kicks the estrogen levels in overdrive to stimulate her2. Chlordane, DDT and other chlorinated pesticides may be stored in body fat and have a cummulative impact, years later sometimes, altering the delicate hormonal estrogen balance and metabolism.

By the way, I was diagnosed a few years after a miscarriage, followed by a full-term pregnancy so I was probably in a premenpausal hyper-estrogen state. Even so, many women have pregnancies and miscarriages and don't end up with bc. So I think that I must have had ineffective pro oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes, especially since both of my grandmothers had bc and died of
it. Great prodigy, sure glad I have all boys.

Last edited by RobinP; 06-21-2006 at 06:24 PM..
RobinP is offline   Reply With Quote