View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #16
Chelee

At least I see its not just me having a problem drinking water. That alone is a relief. All of you have given me some great ideas as what to drink. I have found MaryAnn is right when it comes to adding ice to your water...I can get some down that way. I am just use to drinking water at room temp...but not anymore...ICE for me from now on.

Bobbi, the Crystal light to go sounds REALLY good. I forgot about Crystal light. I USE to LOVE that...drank it all the time years ago. That stuff tastes good. I haven't heard of the Crystal light packets to go that you mix with your water bottle...that sounds pretty neat. (Now we are talking.) Plus you said they have tea flavors....that would WORK for me.

All of your suggestions are good ones. I can't thank you all enough. I have been so concerned about getting enough fluids down...but found it almost impossible to drink after chemo. Its not to bad about the 7th day after chemo...but until then...YUCK. I like to keep my major organs working...thats why I felt it was important to drink something...anything at this point.

I also like the idea of watermelon to hydrate with. Very good idea. I have had some popsicles...but I didn't feel like that was enough to keep the kidneys going if you know what I mean. I was told to drink at LEAST 2 liters per day...but it got near impossible.

Now I a loaded with great ideas...THANKS to ALL of you.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote