View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #6
AlaskaAngel

Suggestion

Becky,

I especially want to thank you for the your attendance at ASCO and for sharing ideas from the many exposures to information you took on while you were there.

My suggestion is that it might be worthwhile to consider a chat for questions and comments about ASCO, and/or another a chat about the poll.

The question of environment is interesting. There are concerns by location, but also there are concerns about the increasing broader creation of all kinds of estrogenic substances by mankind, so I don't know if we can really isolate "environmental" causes from that.

I too think there is something in your ending comment, Becky (repeated below). But there is the question I can't figure out.... What causes those long-past-menopausal-age HERs?

"I think Her2 is a spontaneous mutation that occurs but that other factors may come into play to help it along. Especially that many of us get it right when our hormones are erratic (menopause) or during or right after pregnancy (another hormone wacky time). It may be a hyper estrogen response or something (even for those that are ER negative). Just thinking out loud here."

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote