View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 03:51 PM   #1
madubois63

Cool Friday June 16 - madubois63

Hi everyone!! I had such a great day today. Actually it started last night...the nurse unhooked me and let me sleep without the IV hook up - first time in 11 days!!! Felt so good not to have to fight with the pump in the middle of the night. The doctor came and did his rounds this morning and all is good. At one point during this past week, he wanted to put a chest tube in me, and that is not even a question now. My lungs are clearing up and I am not using the oxygen at all. The Hickman Catheter site was pretty angry looking and he kicked around the idea of moving it. Ugh - NO. If it had gotten taken out and moved, it would have to go on my left side which is where my port is and my reconstructed breast. I had a tram flap done, which means the breast is a live muscle, and I would loose it. There is no way I would consent to moving the Hickman unless it was totally infected. This doctor doesn't know me and doesn't realize I plan on having a life after this!! Anyway, today the site looks much better and he is not even considering moving it (like I would have let him???). I just needed a few antibiotics, but for the most part I have been off the IV all day. The best part of the day...the doctor gave me "roaming rights" today!!! I have to wear a mask, but my Mom and kids came and took me outside. we ate ice cream and sat by a flower garden. I saw dragon flies and bumble bees (I may not have ever noticed them before, but today I saw everything). My mom brought along a present I received from someone (from cyberspace) and it is AMAZING. It is a beach bag FILLED with bubbles, silly putty, a slinky, coloring books, crayons, puzzle books, a tiny bowling set, the coolest pink flamingo with sun glasses and holding an umbrella drink, a breast cancer bear, a hall pass to give to the nurses, a silly straw, a puzzle and so much more. My son and I played cards while my daughter drew all over my huge window with "window markers." It was so much fun (I'm playing with the slinky now), and the bubbles smell like cotton candy - how cool is that?? Anyway, your replies are keeping me sane. The support and love I get from you guys is just AMAZING. I knew I found a special place when I found this site, but I just can't put in to words how much you all mean to me!! Thank you so very much... ..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
-:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´
-:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:-
((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo