View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 12:54 AM   #8
kristen

Hi Chelee,

I have been reading your posts and you have not had the best of experiences and I am so sorry for that. It's tough enough to got through this and then not to get answers only makes it harder. Does the cancer center you go to have a PA or a study nurse that maybe able to anwer your questions? My insurance compamy assisngned me a case worker, she helped me out alot.

I was freaking out at the end of my chemo before I started rads and I didn't know why, and I asked my best friend and she told me and it put it all into perspective and from then on I could cope, live with it anyway. She told me, that while I was on chemo I felt that it wouldn't come back, just as the ladies mentioned above. The anxiety that your feeling might be is a control issue. You have no control over this disease once treatment is over, unless your on tamoxifen? Doesn't sound like you are.... I had one year of Herceptin coming up and that still didn't make me feel any better, the results were not in yet. I feel so much better with the results in and what my % are at this point in my journey. Once I accepted that I don't have control and to just listen to my body and live my days to the fullest and to live, then things became easier for me. I don't know if this will help you, but it helped me so I thougth I would put it out there for you. Good luck tomorrow, I will keep up in my prayers. Stay Stong, remember you have had the benefit of Herceptin tx as an adjuvent.
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED

Last edited by kristen; 06-12-2006 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: typos
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote