View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
madubois63

Cool June 13 - madubois63

Hi everyone! I am feeling like a person again. Actually the chemo part was not so bad - it was all the other stuff they did to me. The Hickman catheter is in my neck and caused a hematoma (still very sore). My platelets are sooooooo low and I continue to get transfusions (blood too). They hung the last bag of chemo last night and it will finish dripping around 1 am tonight (yeah). I still haven't gotten the pathology report back on the fluid from my lungs (ugh). Please keep praying on that one!! NO BC, NO BC! I have gotten just about every IV antibiotic known to man (my white counts are .5). They finally decided not to put a chest tube in me (back and forth). The worst part is that every time they decide to put the tube in, it meant no food. Then it would take all night long and the next day for them to change their minds. By then, the kitchen would be closed. I did not eat most of the weekend. I knew I was going to loose a few pounds in here, but I didn't think they were going to starve me...I am now on to the next step - waiting. Day 14 they will do a bone marrow biopsy to decide if I need more chemo or if I get to go home....If I achieve remission in one treatment, I can't leave until my counts reach a certain number..but one step at a time. Thanks for all the mail, well wishes and love. I wish I could answer everyone, but it's just so overwhelming. I love you all!!!

..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
-:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´
-:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:-
((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´

Last edited by madubois63; 06-13-2006 at 01:00 PM..
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote