Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 10:38 AM   #82
panicked911

just for fun

Great idea:

When I was diagnosised last Septemeber - I was workig as an attorney specializing in all types of litigation - Now needless to say all of that has chnaged and I am only working part time on a greatly reduced scheduled.

For me, the law was second career, previously I worked as a journalist for 16 years until the kids came and my mother became very ill and subsequestly passed away in 1998. Hence law school.

My husand hasbeen a saint thru all of this and I relalize I have been very fortunate that mt cancer was diagnosied early ( stage 1 no nodes) and that I live near and am being treated at major NY cancer center ( MSK) - my 10-year old daughter's best friend father is a doc there so when I freaked out he stepped in and paved the way.

I have 7 more herceptain treatments left ( it will be atruely happy thanksgiving ) and as the trweatments are progressing it is getting harder to work - I am losing words, my memory is shot and I beleive I am ADD. STill thru it all I realize I am very lucky.

I have two children a son who is 13, and a daughter 10 ( i received my diagnosis on her 10th b'day) . My kids do not know and neither do many fo my friends - I have chosen to kep this very private - hence my sign on. Since then I have been immersing myself in the PTA ( I am VP this year) and sit on the school's foundation board) and renovating a new house - anything to keep my mind busy.

thank you all for all of the information and support you provide.

Susanne
panicked911 is offline   Reply With Quote