View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 08:50 AM   #11
aquinis2000

couldn't agree more sue!

With a long long line of cancer in my family, i am a person who can speak with some experience on docs giving false hope. 7 aunts and uncles, one cousin and my father all died from the ravages of chemo therapy. not thier cancer. I have wheeled my father into the onc office, him to weak to eat, sit, stand or walk and seen the onc just pat him on the head and pump him full of more chemo. we all being in denial of his impending death, holding on to every straw we could, blindly watched as they poisened him. oh, to be able to do it again!!!!! what guilt and shame i have for encouraging him to continue in this torture. the pharmacutical companies are rich beyound our wildest imagination. no closer to a cure. just different methods and names for the torture they pass out. I am a stage 4 bc patient. I quit chemo in january, quit herceptin in april and living, living , living. my tumor markers were <8 last month and my liver enzymes are just bordering at normal. But i have lived. no doctor, no nausea, vomiting, neuopathy, depression, bone aches, pain,lethargy, shortness of breath, guilt for not being able to get up and contribute to the household. my libido has returned and i actually can make love to my hero, my husband.That is quality of life.I'm not going to leave my family with hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical bills, to these docs and phamacutical companies. read the latest reports on this site. they talk about, investors and profit and "getting into the market. I'm not going to be part of that. I will decide my path. No God will decide my path. My very last breath was recorded before I was born.When there is so much greed and profit to be made on desperate scared people I can't believe that more people don't just see the ridiculous vulnerability of cancer patients. Honesty is missing from diagnosis. What do i care if herceptin gives me 7 months instead of 4 months , if i'm sick as a dog during those 7 months. I would rather live out the 4 months stong and alive. which i have been doing. The recent list of women whio have passed away only strenghten my decision. These ladies tried every possible drug available, and the end is still the end. There has never been a study done on women with breast cancer, who take no treatment. never. How does anyone know the outcome if nobody has tried it. Of course the drug companies don't want to do a study of that. This is the path i have chosen, and my family....having seen the outcome of so many in the family whoi tried everything, stand behind me 100%. I believe the more i talk to people who have had many die from cancer, will agree that false hope and unrealistic expectations is somehting we welcome when one of our loved ones is diagnosed, beause we don't wnat to lose them. but after they die, one after another, we see that the time could have been spent with laughter and love and living, insted of sickness, weakness and fear.I think all on this board are brave, loving and warriors. I love you all and pray for everyone. especially maryann , who is going through this battle right now. I love to read your research , but in the end, it seems as though that the very few of you that have become survivors longterm are vastly outweighed by those whose end was delayed on the backs of the drug companies.
aquinis2000 is offline   Reply With Quote