Thread: Chemo regimens?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
Chelee

Chemo regimens?

I am stage IIIA, Her2/Neu 3+++, Er & Pr positive, 5 of 16 postive nodes, Richardson scale 9 of 9. My chemo regimen has been Herceptin, Taxotere, & Carb....followed by weekly herceptin.

The first oncologist I had is the one that decided on this treatment plan for me. Since then...I have switched oncologist in the middle of my treatment because I wasn't happy about the 1st oncologist for several reasons. This new one seems much better.

But I just recently asked her why with my stage IIIA prognosis...why I wasn't given AC first just out of curiouosity...then followed up with something else after the AC like most others are? Plus it looks like I see a node under my clavical getting larger and I am still in treatment with the above chemo drugs I mentioned.

Well the new oncologist I have said she can always let me finish this last round of herceptin, taxo, & carb...then go ahead and give me Adriamycinn & Cytoxan chemotherapy after my taxotere and carb therapy. And herceptin would be continued for the whole year.

Why would she want to do that now? I am suppose to start rads after this last treatment of herceptin, taxo, and carb. Just because I asked...she wants to give it to me? I don't want any extra chemo just for the heck of it. (Maybe I just don't understand what she means?)

I thought you WEREN'T suppose to have "AC" after herceptin? I might be wrong? She has got me confused. Does this sound right? I always thought they do AC FIRST before other chemo treatments with a stage III DX. Can anyone make anymore sense out of this then me?

Chelee
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote