View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
madubois63

hi from madubois63

Thank youeveryone. I posted this on the AOL Amazon board last night, but then had to go because of tests and other stuff...

well, today (Monday) did not goes as planned - sort of. I got to the hospital at 10 and waited and waited. Finally, they told me that my counts were low (Duh) and that they would only do the thorocentesis (remove fluid from my lungs) today (4:00 - ugh), I would need platelets and blood (still waiting - it's 8pm) tonight and then get the Hickman port placed in the morning. I start chemo right after that. I may have a pathology report on the fluid by Wednesday. Praying hard for no active BC!!!! The room is small, but private. I am in the transplant ward, which means there is a washroom just before my door. Everyone has to wash up before they come in (pain in the neck for the girls delivery food - they have to do that at every room). I've got my own bathroom and shower (yeah) and a nice big window. I'm on the 19th floor over looking lots of green trees. I still haven't figured out which direction I am looking at. I think I'm facing east?? I've got my own fridge and there is a microwave available...the little things! Of course, I have Internet access (YEAH). And they have a new food service. You can order as much as you want as many times as you want (not that I will be eating much once the chemo starts). It's cool though, they have deli sandwiches and wraps, pasta, steaks, chicken, fish, and all sorts of dessert. I can't eat fresh fruit or salads (bacteria), but all in all, it's not so bad. Ask me again in three weeks.... got to go now...vitals...love you all!!!

Thank you EVERYONE for the prayers. I was feeling a little dread, but yesterdays proceedure was easy and nearly painfree. Talking to everyone on line makes me feel better - not so distant!! Love you all....

Maryann
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote