View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
mekasan

I have to vent here....

Dear Lisa,

I completely empathize with your insurance company woes. I have been fighting my primary insurance since the day I was diagnosed. After my mastectomy, my insurance company sent me a letter stating "insufficient evidence" of cancer and they would not be paying for treatment. You will see from my signature that I am stage 1 with two types of cancer. I sent them another copy of my path and they reversed their opinion, but decided to view my mastectomy as three separate procedures and only cover one. Again I had to bombard them with paperwork and they reversed their decision. Then they stated they would not extend my coverage, and again I got them to reverse.

Now they decided that they will not indicate the balances due on my EOB's so now my secondary (who is willing to pay the remainder of my bills) cannot pay because they do not have an amount to pay. They are not returning my calls. And also, they refuse to approve a surgery although my doctor has written two letters indicating that it is medically necessary and less invasive than the other more costly option. They have not responded. I am having the procedure and will fight them later.

Insurance companies are ridiculous. I am a law student and plan to fight them long after I graduate on behalf of patient like us.

If you have read this far then I must thanks for being my captive audience and permitting me this opportunity to vent.

Sincerely,
Shannon
4 cm DCIS
0 nodes
ER-/PR-
Her2+ (5.33 FISH)
AC (4 cycles)
Bi-lat mastectomy w/ lat flap recon + cohesive gel implants
1 year (every 3 weeks) Herceptin
mekasan is offline   Reply With Quote