Thread: 1st treatment
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 06:18 AM   #9
Cathya

Hi;

I also used small caps at night as I like the room cold. I found the first treatment the worse. It is amazing what you can get used to. The first time I walked into the chemo room....about 40 beds and chairs.....it took my breath away and I remember think it was going to be hard not to admit I might be sick after this....lol. Once my hair really started to fall out I had a hairdresser clip it all off...that was better as the little roots kind of hurt as they come out....perhaps itch is a better word. I lost my body and head hair on AC and my eyebrows and lashes on Taxol. There is a "look good feel better" program which is cool....they give you lots of makeup, creams and stuff and advice for how to do wigs etc. It was nice to meet with others locally going through the same thing. Ask at the chemo room as they'll know how to hook up with it. The free package is worth a couple hundred dollars.....which impressed me....lol. Watch out for constipation at first. I suffered with the first one and after that I took these little red capsules each day and was fine. The first treatment is quite a shock to your body....it also adapts. Don't drink tomato juice....it made me throw up. Keep us posted on your journey.

Cathy
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote