View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 05:30 PM   #1
ggweber_2000

Wink My Great News!!!

I don't post much but I do read all the posts from everyone else. I did want to post my good news. I was diagnosed in 10/2003 with stage II. I am on the clinical trial with UCLA in CA. I was on the control arm, so I did not receive the Herceptin drug. My oncologist said at this late stage it probably would not be of any benefit. That a study was not done on someone who had chemo 1.5 years ago. He stated that if my cancer came back I would get Herceptin immediately. Long story short: I had been having hip pain since Oct 2005. It had gotten so bad that I can't sleep at night. I had xray, bone scan and last week a MRI. They all came back negative. My CA27.29 has been steadily going up. In August it was 32 and May it is 44.3. I have it drawn every three month. The Orthopedic guy I saw stated that even though my MRI is normal I may have mets elsewhere in my body because of my elevated markers. He has treated my for bursitis this afternoon with cortisone injections. I am just so happy not to have bone mets at this time. Thank you all for your help in researching everything there is on Herceptin and HER2neu. I can come to one site and know that the info is realiable.
ggweber_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote