View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 07:02 AM   #12
suzan w

Thank you, Al, for this post! These 2 subjects are ones I have questioned my onc. about. Although she is a terrific "doctor" and really knows her stuff, and fights for what is best for her patients, she does not HAVE breast cancer and cannot identify with symptoms that are not in the "manual". That is why support groups like this are so important...real people...real problems!! And, even though there may not be easy solutions, at least it makes me feel like I am not nuts when I mention weight gain-10 lbs since chemo...and loss of libido!

Now that I think about it...starting 2 years before I was diagnosed, I put on 10 lbs. over the course of a year. I have a small frame and was always at the low end of the ideal weight chart, so didn't pay too much attention to the 10 lbs. However...most of the weight went to by breasts, which went from a 32-A to a 34-C. The rest of my body didn't change much...I was also taking hormone replacements which I feel are implicated in my ER+ breast cancer. Just a few thoughts...!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote