Thread: For our Lyn
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #12
Joe
Webmaster

(copy of email sent today)

No doubt you have read the many messages on our website on Lyn's passing. We all feel that a shining light has suddenly been extinguished. I for one am personally saddened by her death and feel like the soul of our website has been ripped out.

Lyn, was one of our very first members on our website and certainly the first one from outside of the US. She has provided many newly diagnosed breast cancer patients with immeasurable inspiration. I just reposted an "autobiography" that Lyn wrote less than a month ago.

I am still amazed at how a person faced with so much adversity could continue of with such bright spirits and wonderful attitude. She also provided much amusement to us with her unique perspective on just about everything. I frequently mentioned her to the many research scientists and medical oncologists that we met at various breast cancer meetings.

Surely she is in heaven with her beloved father sipping essiac tea and sharing many fond memories. Heaven has a special place for people like both of them. We wish to extend our deepest sympathies, to her husband, sisters and their families.

If it is not too much trouble, could you send us a link to her obituary and also a picture of her so that we may post it on our website.

We also wish to make a donation in her memory. Please reply where you feel it will do the most good.

Hugs and Warmest Regards
Joe and Christine

HER2 Support Group
6973 Mimosa Drive
Carlsbad, CA 92011

tele: 760-602-9178
fax: 760-602-9153

christine@her2support.org