View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
Barbara H.

Agree

I agree, Michelle. I feel as if I have lost two good friends. They both beat the odds for so long, and they both gave us so much hope and support. It is difficult to accept thier loss. However, we all know our own situation and where we stand.
For example, at the Dana Farber where I am treated, there seems to be no one who has responded the way I did with only Herceptin. Now I have it a few very small spots in the bones and have had to add Navelbine and Zometa. Again, my nurse and oncologist feel I will be on these drugs until they no longer work, again because they don't have the experience of some of the women who are on this site. I have been able to tell them that there are women in my situation and some have been able to go back to just receiving Herceptin. In this case, this site is a huge support. Just another, example: Due to all the discussion of Omega 3 balance and Omega 6 I am now taking fish oil. There is a wealth of information and support here for all kinds of issues, whether it be informational or emotional. Yes, it is hard to lose our members. Thank goodness Al has decided to stay with us.
Best wishes and thank you to all of you who continue to support this site!!!
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote