View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 11:12 PM   #18
Chelee

I in no way want to redirect this topic, but I just HAVE to say one thing about "Al's" post and his love for Linda. Your are ONE in a million. Your post just brought me to tears.

I have been with my husband for 26 years and I THOUGHT this would bring us closer. I feel so alone...he acts like nothing has changed. He is good about taking me to appointments, and going to the store and such...which I appreciate. But he has made some comments that sometimes makes me wonder if he wishes I wasn't here. I know this has turned our world unside down. Its not easy for either of us.

He is more into his tv set, and making this cancer all about him to his friends and work buddies. I can't even discuss it with him. I can see him getting mad when I do. I got all upset last week over all my doctors visits and just had chemo...not having a good day. I started crying while I was making out the bills. He sees me and says "Oh COME ON NOW, I don't want to hear it."

I am not allowed to feel bad or show emotion. Thats why I think Sherry's post hit home with me. I thought the ONE thing I MIGHT get out of this beast is it bringing us closer together. (I was wrong.) Its like NOTHING has changed. Its like I have the flu and will be better in a few days.

But gosh Al...your Linda was ONE LUCKY women to have a MAN like you! A true man that many of us women would kill for. I seriously cried reading your post about how much you loved Linda and would give anything to have her back...even in a coma. I feel like I am just in the way of my husband retiring like he planned. He wanted to retire and move out to some land some where. I have throw a monkey wrench into that plan. But I thought I was MORE IMPORTANT to him than anything else...but I am not really seeing it that way. I feel alone in all this. I wish my husband cared a little bit more then he does.

I am so glad to hear Linda was loved so deeply and completely, and you guys could talk so openly. I really loved your post. I bet Linda is smiling big time. She was so blessed to have such a wonderful man in her life.

Chelee
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote