View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #11
TriciaK

Dear Sherry, I hope the caring and sensitive replies you've received here have helped you with all you are going through! This is the place to vent. I agree with all that's been said, and especially that it may be time to let the insensitive people in your life know your feelings and what you expect. Sometimes people actually think they are helping by talking tough, maybe by not showing their own fear or feelings. Thay may actually think that acting as if nothing is wrong with you is helping you cope. What a stupid idea! I have noticed that there are people who "rule the world with a sour disposition"; everyone tiptoes around them. I'm not suggesting you take on that persona---it obviously is not the real you---but maybe it is time to express your strong feelings and let them know you will no longer accept the insensitivity from your family. Do you have a friend, a counselor, a pastor or someone who can help you confront your family? They need to be told in no uncertain terms that what they are doing is detrimental to your health. Your onc may be able to suggest a counselor who can help you. You do not have to take such treatment from a spouse or any family member! And again, who knows what they are really feeling. They may be petrified that you might not make it. It needs to all be brought into the open, and I do suggest you have an ally with you to confront them. All of us on this board wish we could be there with you to do just that! We do pray for you and send out love and strong positive vibes! Let us know how things go, and if you have to vent here every day, do it! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote