View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 02:57 AM   #5
kristen

Dear Sherry,

I am so sorry you have to go through this while you should be saving your energy to be fighting for yourself. You have given to your family your whole life and now when you need some TLC it's not forth coming.

I am going to throw out another approach; it may help or it may not. But when they say these things and right when they are saying these things to you, just say "ouch", nothing more, and if they say what, just say those words hurt my feelings. Sometimes people don't realize what they are saying and I know I do this all the time, I hold it in and then some little thing makes me blow... and they don't understand why I got so mad over something so small when it really was over things that have been building up for a long time. Now I try and put it out there when it's happening so they realize that those words hurt and I don't appreciate it and w/one little word they are getting the message. It doesn't happen over night, but it saves my energy for more important things, like taking care of myself. Then maybe they will get "it", words hurt and I need some help and support I would hope could come from my family. Hopefully they can put it together and start to help out? Just a suggestion.
I know your post just pulled at me, I feel for you. Not pity but very familiar. The first couple of years are the hardest, not knowing if your going to reoccur or not, and I wasn't stage IV, so I can only imagine.....You have come to the right place, vent, vent, vent. I pray you don't reoccur and as far getting back to the same old you, it will happen, but in a new way, this is all still very raw and fresh for you, time, it does make all the difference. Stay Strong Sherry, my best to you.
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote