View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
TriciaK

Latest from TriciaK

This is the first I have been able to email for about a month. I mentioned that I might have to have a stent put in after we returned from our 3 week vacation, but the cardiologst called the morning before and said after reviewing all my tests he felt strongly we needed more aggressive surgery because my heart was running out of strength, kind of a wind up toy! My Ejection Fraction was below 30. He said he wouldn't tell us not to go on the trip but that it would be much wiser not to do so. SO I went into the heart hospital the next day. They did another angiogram, this time with internal ultra sound. THey wanted to do open heart surgery the following day but an internal bleeding developed so I had to stay in the hospital a few days to get that controlled. I had open heart triple bypass on May 8. It's been pretty rough, and I am not totally convinced at this point that living a few more years is worth what I've gone through. I couldn't keep food down and got really weak. I am beginning to feel a little hope now, though, and I think I see an inkling of the strength and determination that has carried me through 21 years fighting cancer plus all the heart problems. I will survive! As I said before my goal in all this has been to be able to travel to see my many children, grand and great children, at high altitudes where I haven't been able to breathe for 2 years. People who have gone through open heart bypass tell me it's worth it so I am living on faith right now! I have received a lot of strength and courage from all of you, and want you to know I love and appreciate you all! Hugs, TriciaK in Arizona

Last edited by TriciaK; 05-17-2006 at 06:58 PM..
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote