View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 08:07 PM   #65
janet/FL

Mimima
Whether or not to have chemo is your call. At least your doctor offered options. With about the same diagnosis as you but with slightly small tumor, 9mm and grade 2 rather than three, the standard of care when I was diagnosed was AC chemo, November 2004. They wouldn't give me Herceptin as I was node negative. I refused that chemo. Finally 9 months after diagnois (I did 35 rounds of radiation) I was offered Herceptin with or without Taxotere. I chose to go with the chemo/herceptin combo as the studies had shown the chemo helps the Herceptin work. However, I don't think there are any studies for taking it as I have, several months after diagnosis--I am still on it, with 3 more months to go to complete the year.
I have no advice to you other than I chose the chemo with a less aggressive, smaller tumor. And I don't think they really can tell if the Herceptin is working. I would have the Bayer Serum test done before Herceptin and there maybe another test someone else can suggest.
There are a lot of people here that can answer most any questions you have.
Radiation treatment shouldn't be too hard on you, particularly since you are having it before any chemo.
Wishing you the best--
Janet
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote