View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #29
Marily

Smile Life is too short to let being wordless trouble me!

This is so me, I have been saying due to Chemo brain, menapause, lack of O2 (I now have been diagnosed with sleep apnea) and all those tests and surgeries (I had 5 to repair the tram that did not take), Oh and throw in mad cow disease lol, why not? My brain has gone south! My friends and family have been marvelous! I told them please "do be impolite and put in the word for me".. I am frantically looking for it!!!! My eldest son will not "give" me the word but gives me another sentence that may mean the same thing, He also has been buying games that he plays with me at least weekly. We have friends, who thank heaven, like to play games and they also come over for game night. A little brain exercise never hurt anyone.lol...I did a study with a speech therapist looking for why chemo brain, and she told me I had lost the common words, others like abacus etc were there, and my time to find a word took me not quite a minute and 1/2 !
Lucky for me when I tell someone to pull up a stair, and sit, my friends just do so without comment.
How lucky can one be!
Marily
Marily is offline   Reply With Quote