View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 03:56 AM   #4
Kimberly Lewis

Hi Kate, I didn't have both breasts removed at the same time - but wanted to encourage you that you are doing the right thing. I had a very good experience with the surgery and recovered quickly enough that I was back teaching pottery in 4 weeks. Also back out on the lake kyaking, walking, and other pursuits. Being active within reason is so important. My main deal was the emotional issue that took me by surprise... I felt that it wasn't important, my husband loved me - not my boobs etc... but the actual feeling of being an "amputee" really shocked me. I had to take time to greive and go on. I have yet to wear a prostesis and just have gone to wearing pretty camisoles and loosing a couple pounds so my belly wouldn't be the main attraction. Sorry, I know you were probably thinking more of the surgery, but felt that for me the emotions far outweighed the symptoms. Morphene didn't work for me - I got dilauded. MUCH better for my pain immediatly after surgery. sending healing prayers your way...
Kimberly Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote