View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
Cathya

Shawn;

I was diagnosed Oct 2004 stage 3c with 3 cm tumor in left breast and 1 cm tumor in supraclavicular node. I went through lumpectomy but no removal of clavicular tumor, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, herceptin during last taxol and onwards until last treatment when low muga called for stopping herceptin temporarily. I went through radiation including boosters particularly to clavicular node area. I am ER/PR+ ..... i wasn't sure if you were ER+ or - and so am also on Arimidex. So far .... so good. I am closedly monitored and see my onc about every 8 weeks. I am currently going through a CT of the brain, bone density as onc wants to prescribe calcium, and another muga. I was once told by my onc's assistant that I was lucky to have the spread to the one area which allowed for the potential of cure. I just feel so lucky that herceptin is here for us and other drugs are fast coming down the pipe. I feel good although I need to lose some weight and struggle now with that. Michelle is also stage 3c and there are others on the site. When were you diagnosed?

Cathy
Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote