View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
jener8er

Should I stop Herceptin?

Hi everyone, I hope you all can give me some words of wisdom here. I have been getting Herceptin since January 05. When it was going to be a year this past January, I asked my onc for another year. After reviewing my chart, he said he could see no reason to stop so sure, take it for another year. Well, now the insurance bills are starting to roll in and it is killing me. I have a PPO with $1000 deductible (which was met weeks ago) after which I am responsible for 25% of all procedures. That is coming out @ $622 per dose, which adds up pretty quick getting treatments every 3 weeks. Add to that the PET scan, bone scan, brain MRI, mammos and then reconstruction, I think I'm going to go bankrupt!

So my question is, am I being overly cautious with this 2nd year and should I stop the Herceptin? I don't mind doing it, and I like to see my doc every 3 weeks, but it might be nice to take a break too. Could I take some time off and go back on it later in the year? Or am I tempting fate??? Decisions decisions... why are they never black or white?!
4/20+ Lymph nodes
Stage 3a
Age 38, CA
jener8er is offline   Reply With Quote