View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
Tom

Sensitivity of Herceptin Dosing?

I am wondering how critical the dosing schedule for weekly Herceptin is if it needs to be interrupted. For a third time, due to either holidays or office construction, Mom's infusion has to be delayed or moved up. She normally receives her weekly dose on Fridays. I am being asked to choose either to give it to her a day early, or wait over the weekend, effectively receiving it three days late on Monday. I am leaning toward taking her a day early, as I am never comfortable having her serum level of Herceptin drop lower than what it would normally be. On the other hand of course, I also wonder if it is a good idea to have it a day early, perhaps "overdosing" her to some small degree. If you ask an oncologist about this, they always say, "It really doesn't matter". Of course that's what Mom's surgeon said a long time ago when no proper axillary staging was performed, and existing micrometastases laid growing away under her arm for almost a year. If I sound paranoid, I am. I trust the information I find through my own research or facts learned on this website, before I am comfortable with the usual pooh poohing I get from physicians. If any of you have any thoughts on this subject, I would love to hear them. Of course, maybe I am making a big deal out of something simple. I have been known to do just that in the past...lol.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote