View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 10:55 PM   #6
Unregistered

Hi Janet, At least you know what I mean about that AWFUL taste you get in your mouth...its the worse. Let alone my teeth felt coated with something...I had to brush the lightly but often.

You got me beat on the spiders crawling in your belly type of feeling. That would be just terrible to experience. Yuck! Its sure strange the things you can get after chemo treatments. When it comes to that combo of herceptin, taxotere & carbpotin...I had a totally different experience when it came to eating or drinking then you. I just kind of felt a bit nauseated...but the anti nausea meds helped and I never actually got sick. But I did find as you stated that if I ate something...and with ME...I HAD TO FORCE myself to eat. It was HARD. Then my stomach WOULD feel better. But I had such BAD indigestion and heartburn the first time around. My new oncologist gave me some "Protonix" and Pecid for my stomach..this time was so easy to eat. Those worked wonders. Before having those meds for my stomach..I could hardly drink water without a major problem. As far as my weight goes...I actually dropped 27 pounds after my first chemo...thats how hard it was to eat. And here you had no problems. Boy chemo really does different things to each of us.

I am so sorry to hear you ended up in the hospital twice. That is NO FUN...and you know...I have been there and done that. Don't want to do it again. Once was enough for me! Thats why I am worried about my infusion in the morning.

As far as Neulasta...NOW I am finally getting them. My first oncologist let me go THREE weeks without neulasta knowing full well my counts were low. I was NEW to all this and had no clue about neulasta, my counts or anything. (I think he wanted to save the HMO money?) JMHO

Thats when I landed in the hospital. But my new oncologist has already scheduled me for Procrit that I had last Friday...and I get Neulasta this Tuesday...day after chemo just like your SUPPOSE to get. She seems to care. I could be wrong...but I really feel had I had the neulasta shot the FIRST time around...and my wbc wouldn't of gotten down to 116...I would of been fine. (I could be wrong...just my feelings on it.)

Janet, did you land in the hospital with the low counts after the herceptin, taxotere, and carbpotin combo...or after the AC? Of maybe both? And did you have the Neulasta shots each time after a full chemo session? Did you end up with pnemonia...or did they even know what was wrong? They never really knew with me? I Just got a wide range or anti biotics. Is that what they did for you? Thanks for your post.

Wish me well...I am off to infusion early morning. I pray things go smoothly this time. Warm healing thoughts to ALL OF YOU.