View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 08:48 PM   #10
Unregistered

Hi Marily,

I have been on Herceptin since Oct. 2001 and have also experienced lots of cramping in the legs and feet, and sometimes in the hands. I experienced hand and finger cramping alot more back when I was on the Taxotere with my Herceptin. I used to wake up in the night with cramps in my legs and feet so severe, that I could hardly get them to go away even when I jumped up and tried to walk them out. I finally purchased some potassium tablets and when I feel a cramp first coming on, if I put one under my tongue it will make it subside fairly quickly. I noticed that when I exercise pretty hard, that on those nights, I will usually get the cramps. If I remember to stay well hydrated, that seems to help too. I also noticed that when I drink my OJ and eat bananas regularly, it is not as much of a problem. My main problem seems to be keeping my red blood counts up. I am always a little on the low side and I am not sure if this is due to the Herceptin, or just all the Chemo I have had over the years.

I also have some of the other symptoms that the other ladies have mentioned, like running nose and very fragile skin, that cuts and bleeds easily. But like Sheila said, I am just glad to be here to even be able to complain about it!

Kim in CA