View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 03:12 PM   #36
Marily

Kat, I did all my chemo first also since my cancer was so aggressive. This is the time you need to let your family know you are not like you were before cancer and need to stop and rest. You are still Healing! Do things like pack the box not carry it.. A hard time sleeping seems to be one of the things we "enjoy after chemo along with achyness. The pain near the rib cage may be still from stretching the muscles during surgery, and nerve endings coming back after the surgery.. I have had to have some Physical therapy (I was lucky and found a therapist who works with breast cancer survivors) Also a great help is messaging that area any cream will do it is the message that helps!
Organizing goes out the window along with short term memory... but after the chemo some of that does get better lol... It took me 5 years to be able to really get hepped up and dig out the corners in my house so .. Don't be so hard on yourself... give it time girl! You have been through alot! Your body has taken a BIG HIT.. Do keep on with the exercise... but don't push you don't have to touch the floor, at first, just touch your knees... I have changed from jumping stuff like aerobics to walking Chi Gong and Healing Tae Chi... there is also healing yoga lots of stretches to keep us limber and Chi Gong for Health is a great aerobic exercise..I lost my sense of ballance and this helped me alot in getting it better. With Chi Gong you actually can sweat.. lol. The More you put into it.. the more you get out of it...This exercise has been a lifesaver for me... and walking is at your own pace and amt... you will feel better continuing but be easer on your body taking a pain pill to exercise is not good... pace yourself give yourself time to heal.. and you will build back up... I know ... everytime I overdid.. I would pay for it the next week or the next two days... Get some loose sweats for awhile and enjoy being loose.. you do get back to the good looking stuff again.. or if you have to, put it on only for a short time. I have been working with cancer people since my cancer dx, since I am a nurse I do alot of patient advocacy and teaching. So I have seen alot. Especially with Herceptin girls.. We actually developed a club for just Herceptin ... and they call us the "Ya Ya's" at chemo.. A good support group or friend to talk to is really important.. you say things you may not tell others when you share the same thing. I am 57 and still here.. lots of things have happened but I am living loving and laughing... and always allow miracles! Hugs and best of luck in the move.. your family will understand.. they care and have gone through lots of fear for you... don't be afraid to tell them how you are doing, and if you need help... they have been waiting to be needed through this... this gives them a feeling of being helpful too in your recovery... Ps write anytime, love Marilyn
Marily is offline   Reply With Quote